Cleaning your stovetop: how can you do it fast, without leaving streaks? Here are 5 tips for a sparkling clean, hygienic hob!
1. You should never use abrasive detergents or rough sponges on cooking surfaces (such as metal wool, for example), especially if the stovetop is made from steel: it is best to use a soft sponge, soaked with a gentle product or a neutral soap. Vitroceramic hobs should be cleaned with products suitable for glass, again with soft sponges or cloths.
2. If the stains are “fresh”, it will be easier to remove them: this is why it is best to clean your stovetop straight after cooking! If you need to get rid of burnt-on food or difficult stains, it is best to leave the detergent for a few minutes before rinsing, and for particularly stubborn residues you can use a paste made from water and bicarbonate. The trick to leaving no streaks? For steel stovetops, wipe the sponge in the same direction as the steel’s satin finish!
3. To avoid oxidization or leaving marks from water droplets, carefully dry the area immediately after cleaning, with a soft cloth. The quicker you dry it, the better!
4. Of course, you also need to clean the grills: whether they are made from cast iron or steel, it is best not to wash them in the dishwasher (cast iron is very porous and could get ruined, while steel shouldn’t have too much contact with water). Simply use some water and degreasing soap.
5. Remember to also clean the gas rings themselves, which are usually made up of two pieces. Treat them like the grills, and don’t neglect the dirt that accumulates in the holes: you can get rid of it with the help of a toothpick or a small brush, so the flame will have no obstructions.
If you want to try an effective, professional product for cleaning stovetops and hobs, which will also save you time because it doesn’t need rinsing, choose Mister Magic Stovetop Cleaner, the perfect product for cleaning stovetops in steel, vitroceramic, and even for cast-iron!
Mister Magic Stovetop Cleaner removes the most stubborn dirt in just one wipe, including fat and grease, from steel stovetops and induction hobs. It also comes in a convenient 500ml bottle: you don’t need to use much, so it will last you up to 90 uses!